Monday, 3 October 2016

1st Quarter Reflection

  1. What have you improved on in RLA this far? Think of yourself as a reader, writer, speaker, and listener.

I think I have improved on as a writer this year. When we were doing our application essays I learned a good way to tell if you have a balance between reflection, imagery, and narrative by highlighting that section into colors for each one. I can use this in the future with different writing to make sure I have a balance of everything. Those three may not work for each thing I write depending on the genre but, I found this very helpful when writing.

  1. What do you see as an area for further learning/refinement?

I definitely want to collaborate more in class because I tend to just sit and listen instead of saying my ideas. This is a huge goal I want to work on. I also want to work on thinking about the theme as I read and jotting down important ideas or pages. I can use this to help me for back to the drawing board.

  1. What is your goal for the rest of the semester, and what is your plan to achieve it?

My goal for this semester is to work on sharing my ideas in class. I want to collaborate more to improve my thinking and to make sure I am engaged in class. I will do this by raising my hand more in class when I have ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment