During this journalism unit I learned about how to create a podcast. I learned a lot from Sean Thomas about how to create podcasts and what to add in them. I learned about how to ask questions that wouldn’t end as a yes or no question. In class we learned about adding a jingle, background noise, and adding bridges after our soundbites.
I had a challenging time finding someone who disagreed with brain breaks being good for students. But all my interviewees did talk about how they could be good and bad. I also had a challenging time when editing because when I used garageband I had difficulty using it, so instead I used iMovie and it worked just as well.
If there was anything I would fix or add it would be to add some background noise in my recordings or add some more research. During the interview recordings there was background noise but none when I recorded the intro, conclusion, or bridges. Throughout the project some unintended learning I had was to make sure that you listen to the bridges before the soundbite. I found that I wanted to cut out some of what I said to make it shorter.
The interviews went really well. I gathered a lot of great information from my interviewees about how they felt brain breaks affected them and how they thought they may not be great. I started out my conversation with (Faith’s interview, 2 seconds) “Thank you for joining me.”
Throughout the interviews after they gave me information it made me think of new questions for me to ask them. Ms. A had said that she had never had a brain break as a student when I asked if she had ever done them. (2:24) “Since you didn’t have brain breaks during classes when you did exercise or PE did it effect your mood?"
No comments:
Post a Comment