Is That What I Think It Is?
By: Sadie Schow
Bam! The garage door shut as I walked into the house, getting back from school. I dropped my bag on the ground. Walking into the living room I saw something we, didn’t have, the last time I checked.
“Is...is that... mine?” I asked my mom.
“Yes it’s your’s,” my mom replied.
It was the pitter patter of the fury feet of a fluffy white kitten. The kitten wasn’t that fluffy but, with a glance of something you didn’t think you would EVER get, she seemed so fluffy. She stood there standing with bright green eyes. As it scurried forward.
“Is that Crystal?” I asked, “You went to get her for me today?”
I had wanted this cat when I saw a picture of her. When I saw the pictures I wanted to name her Crystal because she was all white.
“Yes it’s Crystal,” my mom told me. She also told me that when she went to get Crystal, that her name before was Milky Way. Milky Way, why Milky Way I thought, thinking of the brown candy bar called Milky Way, and Crystal was all white.
I asked my mom why they named her that and that the Milky Way was brown not white.
She thought for a moment before she told me.
“Maybe they named her Milky Way because in the Universe there is a Milky Way and that Milky Way is very white.”
I was younger when I got Crystal so I didn’t know what the Milky Way (in the universe) was, until I was told.
After I had found out what the Milky Way was I went over to Crystal. Then I started petting her and she was sort of soft, but that didn’t matter, I had her. I had always wanted another cat. We already had one but he was my brothers cat. Also Garfield (my brothers cat) didn’t care about another cat, all that he cared was that he had food and could go outside during the day.
I started to play with Crystal and found out that sometimes Crystal would give you funny glances, when she was mad or something. She would also roll over when you didn’t think she would, like when you were using a toy to play with her. You see that she has funny things that she does. She sometimes would leave when you were playing with the toy even though you weren’t playing roughly and that was funny. She wasn’t a cat that really jumped at the to.
Later Crystal had settled down and layed on the ground while I was watching the tv. I was glad I had gotten her, I didn’t get her when I had wanted her before, but all that mattered was that I had Crystal now. When I think back at this moment I remember what my mom did for me and I’m grateful for what she did for me.
This made me think about my dog Annie and your peice made me really happy and I think that you did really well
ReplyDeleteI like how you slowed down the moment during the climax of your story. Another thing to consider is adding some things you did with crystal and the good moments you shared together.
ReplyDeleteAwesome story, but you need to add just little a more description. The story made me understand how you felt at the moment. Great story!
ReplyDeleteThe story was awesome, and the font wasn't distracting unlike some of the"other" storys. I also liked your vocabulary.
ReplyDelete