Sunday, 18 September 2016

Ellis Island Reflection

1. How do you think people felt upon their arrival to Ellis Island?

I think it was crazy in there and the people were nervous about what was going to happen to them and their families. It may have been hard to understand people when the immigrants spoke different languages. I think it was stressful for them because they didn't know what would happen to them later.

2. What do you think the immigration hall screening was like?

I think people would have been overwhelmed by the officials poking at their eyes and making sure nothing was wrong with them in 6 seconds. Also, the officials must have been working like crazy, checking over people, giving them a code on their back, sending them on, and then do that over. The people must have been nervous about what they got and they didn't know what their code was so, it was probably stressful.

3. How did you feel when you arrived at the classroom and learned about your fate?

I was wondering what the heck was going to happen and was sad that I had to be deported back to my homeland. If I was at Ellis Island at that time I would have been devastated to be deported back and not make it into America.

No comments:

Post a Comment