PE / Health End of Year Reflection - 6th Grade
Write your favourite sports quote and tell who said it and what it means to you.
"Champions keep playing until they get it right." - Billie Jean King. I like this quote because you have to keep practicing even if you are a champion. Once you are a champion you are good at the game. |
What does wellness mean to you?
Wellness is being healthy and active. You need to eat good foods and play games that inquire exercise. |
What do you do on a daily basis to be well and healthy?
Me and my friends usually play tag or we play basketball. |
BRAIN BREAK: 20 Jumping Jacks
|
Rate your enjoyment of PE? 1-5 (1=poor 5=awesome)
What are your favorite things about PE?
I would rate PE a 4 because I do really enjoy it, but sometimes I don't always like the sport or it's hard to play. But overall I really liked PE. I liked doing the different sports and found that when a learned how to play I actually enjoyed playing that sport. |
Rate your enjoyment of Health? 1-5 (1=poor 5=awesome)
What are your favorite things about Health?
I would rate health a 2 because I know we need to stay healthy, eat well, and be active. It can help to learn new things about those topics or even new things too. I like to be doing things that are active and have enough of sitting already. |
What would you change about the Health or PE program?
With health I'd think that most people would enjoy doing things where they are moving around, but I have heard that they are going to do that for next year. For PE I don't think anything really needs to be improved. |
BRAIN BREAK: 1 minute of push-ups (or as many as you can do in 1 minute)
|
How physically active have you been this year on a weekly basis? Share as many of the sports, select teams, intramural sports or activities that you participated in this year in 6th grade. Include activities you do both in and out of school.
After school all year I have done tennis and tumbling at least once a week and at the end of this year I did track and field. In track and field I mostly did 100 meter sprints and high jump because I enjoy running around and jumping. |
Finish this sentence. I am a good teammate because…
I am a good teammate because I can help my teammates if they are doing something wrong and tell them are show them how to do it right in a kind way. |
How have you shown leadership this year in PE? What qualities make you a good leader?
(If you have not taken the opportunity to lead this year what you could do to improve on this next year?)
I don't think I'm a very good leader, so this is something I need to work on. But I have helped out my team by saying good job at times.
|
What is your strongest area of physical fitness? (strength, flexibility, cardio respiratory endurance) Which area do you need to work on?
I'm good in flexibility, but I am starting to loose some of my flexibility. I think I need to work on my strength in my arms and legs and also my core. |
Why do you think being physically active is important?
I think it is important to be physically active because it keeps you healthy and also keeps you in shape instead of being a couch potato. |
BRAIN BREAK: One minute of sit-ups
|
Describe your strengths and weaknesses eating ‘MyPlate’ 3 meals a day.
My strength is that I eat lots of protein, steak and chicken. My weakness is that I don't eat enough vegetables and fruits. |
What is your food goal? (Review your MyPlate blog post) Did you achieve your “food goal” or do you need to continue to work on it?
No, I didn't achieve my goal. I still need to work on eating vegetables and fruits, as a snack, at lunch, dinner, and breakfast. |
How stressed have you been this semester?
I haven't been that stressed that year. |
What two strategies work best for you to reduce stress?
Breathing in and out and just relax for a while. |
BRAIN BREAK: Hold the hamstring stretch for 30 seconds x2
|
If you finish early and are proud of your work, you may watch the following videos with your ear buds in.
|
BRAIN BREAK: Run one lap of the track
|
Find your favourite videos which promote lifetime sports or activity or health living and add the link to the following Google Doc.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment