Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Favorite Poem Reflection

Wild

Curious, peaceful, kind, and smart
We are furred creatures, Silky soft as rabbit fur
Eyes bright as the sky, Warm as the sun
Graceful as a breeze
Swift as the wind
Woosh-Woosh
Quiet as a whisper
Beautiful as a flower at the beginning of spring  
Calm and Wise
We are cats
We are noble creatures
We are as a bird that sits in a cage
But inside
We’re free as birds
We are
Wild












  1. What do you know now about poetry that you didn't know before?

Well I now, know about TIME. It can help me to add things to my poems to make them better.

  1. How do your poems demonstrate your knowledge of poetry?  

I have some of the TIME elements and it makes it more detailed.

  1. How did you come up with the idea for this poem?

Well, we went to the art show and I saw this picture. It was titled “Wild” but, the picture looked peaceful, and wise, and bright, knowledge, and other things like that.  So I wrote about how they are peaceful and etc. then said that inside they are wild.

  1. What was your planning process?

I wrote words that came to mind while looking at the picture, then started making different versions and each version I tried to make it better.
5.     How did your poem evolve while writing it?

I moved what I wrote around to where it sounded like where it fitted.

6.     What moves did you make as a poet? Explain your revision process.

Well, I didn’t do much but, move around what I had to put it where I thought it fit best but, later I did add a couple more things to make it longer and to help me with my idea for the poem.

7.     What feelings or ideas do you hope to instill in your reader?

I want them to see this peaceful picture like I saw but, then realize that they can be wild and that it may look calm and wise but, inside they are actually wild and free. When I saw the picture was called wild I thought that it looked peaceful and calm and I thought it would be nice to write what I saw but, then say that they are really wild at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment