Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Portrait Photography

1. Create Blog post titled “ Portrait Photography” Choose one photo to comment on the inspiration behind the photo, the process you used to photograph it, the style of portraiture used, and any editing you did to finish the photograph.
My inspiration to do this photo was of a photo I did in the past of a close up to my cat's face. So I went close to her face to take a picture. I didn't do any editing with this photo.



2. Exposure: You understand how to use Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO to create photographs in manual mode. Provide example in reflection question 1. What is Exposure? Explain in your own words. Give an example of a photo you took in Manual mode to help explain your answer. (Answer in Blog post)
Exposure is when you are brought into light but, it's not to bright and not to light and not to dark. Under Exposure is when it is dark and Over Exposure is when there is to much light. 

For example this photo is under exposed so I had to unjust the aperture and shutter speed so it wouldn't be to dark or to bright.








3. Answer reflection question #2 Which Photo of your Summative assessments was your best and why? (Answer in Blog post)


For me it was a hard choice because I like all my photos. I think this one is the best because it's a frame inside of a frame but, it also seems mysterious. I also like how there is kind of a circle of light on her face and on the edges it's darker.



4. Answer Reflection Question #3 Background and lighting: Explain how background and lighting for portrait photography must be considered and provide evidence of how you considered background and lighting in one of your photos. (Answer in blog post and post photo with your answer)

You have to consider the background and lighting because you don't want the background to be attention drawing you away from the face. You don't want the lighting to be to bright or dark because it may not look good. Maybe you want to get the persons face with detail but there is to much light coming from the direction you stand. The photo up above isn't to dark that you can't see her face and the background isn't distracting.



No comments:

Post a Comment